Tuesday, March 5, 2013

catch up.

...doing what?!

i apologize for being absent recently. it blows my mind that when i have an abundance amount of time i do not get anything done that im supposed to. 

weather has been crazy lately and that means two snowstorms ::Blizzard of Oz:: and ::Toto's Revenge:: have hit our area. 12 inches of snow each time. i do not remember, if ever, if i have ever seen that much snow in one time. it was not my style to say the least.

bad weather  = snow days for teachers. ::bittersweet:: free days off, but make them up when the weather is actually nice out. can't win them all i guess.

so here i am. "catching up"...from not doing ANYTHING. 

first of all, celebrating babies. 9 beautiful ladies in my life (DO NOT drink the water!) will be having babies between March - July. what in the world was happening 9 months ago that everyone was "staying in"? good lord. however, i can't wait to see all the babes pretty soon. 

second of all, getting back into a routine of working (that stuff is for the birds.) the kids are crazy, spring break is in two weeks, and testing around the corner. why even try sometimes? :)

lastly, i've been MIND blown by all the generous people in our lives for the amazing donations made in my brother's honor for the NEDA Walk in KC on what would be my brother's 23rd birthday. my mom and i started out with just a "want" to walk and maybe raise a few bucks, now we have a team of 18 walkers, and 29 people who have donated. we have raised $715 of our $1,000 goal. people are absolutely so *giving* and it makes my heart happy. i know my brother is gone, but it is truly powerful how other people and his name can sometimes make him feel so alive...i know he would be proud of us. all of us. 

You should check out our page for some really interesting facts.


On that note, my mom and I will be traveling to Jeff City on March 28th for Advocacy Day. We are lobbying with NEDA and meeting with Legislatures. God has a plan for me. 

I'll post more on that when we return. 

In the meantime, I will go drink my tea (yes, tea don't even want to talk about giving up coffee.)

Enjoy your week. And when you feel down or impatient...just remember this...


No comments:

Post a Comment